We have many opportunities to help out. Here are just a few:
- Attend a budget hearing: learn what is being discussed by your city council and step up and say a few words on behalf of the Library, and let the council know which branch is yours.
- Tell Us Your Story: each month we write Flash Reports to the city council. You can help us by telling us what program means the most to you and why.
- Special Projects: Contact email@example.com to see how you can help out!
We welcome volunteers to come to our operational facilities at 9th & Lenora to help us out with a variety of ongoing activities such as sorting, scanning, boxing and more. We're open Tuesday through Saturday and have multiple shifts available. For more information, please visit the Book Sale volunteer page.
- Public Relations: help draft and maintain our press releases throughout the year; help us get placements and keep track of all the great press we receive.
- Blogging: help us stay on top of all the great blogging opportunities by commenting on other sites, forming relationships with related institutions and posting interesting facts about your community.
- Photography: attend and capture some Kodak moments at our events; help us with photo or video contests!
Contact the Communications Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retail Shop Help: work with the FriendShop and help educate customers on how the Shop raises money for the library system's many programs.
- Assist Customers: welcome and assist visitors and library users, sell and stock an exciting array of gift items, and provide information about the Friends.
FriendShop volunteers must be comfortable working with the public, supportive of the Library and the Friends, and willing to assist others. Responsibilities during each shift include selling, cashiering, stocking and merchandising. Most volunteer shift commitments are 3-4 hours once a week.
Interested volunteers can email us at email@example.com.
General Volunteer Opportunities / Special Events
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about serving on the Friends Board or sub committees, or to be added to our volunteer mailing list for one-time projects or other special events.