Visit the FriendShop
The FriendShop is a gift shop in the Central Library loaded with literary-themed gifts and supplies useful at the library:
- We showcase Pacific Northwest artists, design and innovation.
- Have a fabulous selection of like-new books for $1-3 all-year round.
- Sell cards for every occasion, including our popular pop-up card collection.
Purchasing items at the Shop helps the Friends advocate, educate and raise funds on behalf of The Seattle Public Library. Friends members receive a 15% discount off all merchandise, excluding used books and service items.
Pop-up (Friend)Shops visit the Library branches throughout the year, see where the FriendShop will go next.
Monday to Saturday 11am-5pm
* The first Thursday of every month is Customer Appreciation Day at the FriendShop! A 15% discount is given on all items, excluding used books and service items.
Central Library (main branch), level 3
1000 Fourth Avenue
Seattle WA 98104
The FriendShop visits many of the Library branches throughout the year. Purchasing gifts, used books and more at these Pop-up Shops helps the Friends advocate, educate and raise funds on behalf of The Seattle Public Library.
Pop in to purchase:
- Pre-owned paperbacks and children’s books for $1
- Goodies from the FriendShop, including tote bags, mugs and jewelry
- Gifts for readers
+ Friends members will receive two free hard cover fiction books as a member benefit. Renew or join today!
NEXT DATES & LOCATION
Sunday, October 15 – Ballard Branch (1p.m.-4p.m.)
A sampling of best-selling items from the FriendShop.
Online FriendShop Sales NOW available for select items through our Square shop! Items can be shipped anywhere in the U.S. or picked up at the Friendshop. Interested in used books? You can also buy books online from the Friends here.
Purchasing items from the Shop helps the Friends advocate, educate and raise funds on behalf of The Seattle Public Library.
We are so excited you want to volunteer! The FriendShop needs volunteers to help out in the shop at the Central Library. You will help greet customers and help them find gifts, tag and restock merchandise, ring up purchases, open and close the collapsible shop, and more!
Volunteers keep our non-profit running and greatly benefit the community.
Please fill out the application, and we will be in contact with you within 5 business days.